View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 06:57 AM

Quote:

So he fell between the 8th day and the 9th day.

The 8th day God spent naming animals with Adam at the end he makes Eve. Adam awakes the 9th day to find Eve and they are in the garden (Adam hasn't known his wife yet) and the serpent shows up to tempt Eve, succeeds and Adam falls into transgression. and in the cool of the 9th day God come to walk and low and behold he find s them Conscience of good and evil. and kills an animal in time for the evening sacrifice and kicks them out of the Garden.
Where did you get that? Eve was created on the sixth day just like Adam.

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. And then in verse 31 we find this occured on the sixth day.

I would agree that Satan most likely did not rebel on the 7th day, otherwise God would have been at war and not at rest. But there is no mention of the 8th and 9th day in my Bible. I have no idea where you are getting that.

As far as "without form", I did look it up and it means to "lie waste" as a desert. If you had a garden, but did not plant in it, it would "lie waste". It does not give destruction as the primary meaning. This is where you are going wrong, you are picking a definition to agree with your preconceived idea.

As for the serpent, that could have happened anytime after the finished creation up till about when Adam was about 100 years old as I posted before. We have no idea how long Adam and Eve lived in the garden before they sinned, except we do know Cain and Abel were born after they sinned, that Cain slew Abel, and that Seth was born after this when Adam was 130 years old.

I also don't agree that time started in Gen 1:3. I believe it started when God said "In the beginning". What does the word beginning mean? The word cannot be defined without the concept of time.

You need to quit listening to false teachers.

Last edited by Winman; 03-04-2009 at 07:03 AM.