View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 02:35 AM

No, I'm not twisting anything, I'm plainly reading Gen 2:1 without assuming that Gen 1:1-2 are not part of the first day and then twisting Gen 2:1 to not mean that on the 7th day God had finished creating the heavens and the earth, and all the host of them.

You don't know what being in a timeless state is like so how do you know how long God "waited" (only something that can be done in time) to make something to get some praise and glory out of.

Yes I believe that God created the angels and cherubim and seraphim to be his "cheer leading squad" in the beginning. Isn't it God's nature want to get glory out of His creation? Why wouldn't He make something to view His great and mighty power to command things into existence and glorify Him for it? I think God created hell according to His foreknowledge, just like the human race was predestined to be able to become part of the body of Christ before the foundation of the world according to his forknowledge. I agree God didn't need light to see or something, God is light. I think this could easily just be God separating the light from darkness and declaring that when it's light out this is called the day and when it's dark out that's called the night. Since a day to us is a 24 hour period of time strictly because that's the amount of time it takes the earth to make one revolution (or the sun to revolve around the earth, pick your poison), I think it's foolish to say that day always means a 24 hour period of time or time in general especially because day isn't always a 24 hour period of time or time in general. We only view day being a specific time period because that is all it is to us now because day light depends on what time it is, but the Bible says that there is no day without light and no night without darkness, not just that it's day when it's time to be day and night when it's time to be night. If God never made the distinction between light and dark, and when the day is and when the night is, there just simply wouldn't be any because nothing exists or happens without God telling it to. I think God clearly tells us when time first comes in to play in Gen 1:1.

How do you get there only being 2 days in Gen 2 and Gen 3 anyway?

Like I said, I used to believe a non-evolutionary gap theory but I just don't see how you can get around the fact that the Bible says the beginning was the first six days and that during those six days all of creation was made without twisting and adding or subtracting to Gen 2:1-4 and Exo 20:11 (anything but just read it plainly) and not come up with the same result.

Last edited by kevinvw; 03-04-2009 at 02:48 AM.