View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 06:20 PM

Boaz

I used to visit another forum of so called "bible-believers" but there were so many there who tried to tear down the KJV. And this was one of their common arguments. I am not the scholarly type, I read some very good books on the men who translated the KJV many years ago, and as POTW said, these men were some of the most learned ever, far superior to anyone in the world today.

But you know what? That is really not the issue. God himself promised to preserve His word. God could have used unlearned men to preserve His word. This is something you cannot get across to these pseudo-intellectuals.

Psa 12:6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. 7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

They hate these verses and constantly attack them. They have to. Because the LORD himself promised to keep His pure words from this generation for ever. They don't want to talk about God, so they try to distract and talk about men, or original documents... But they never talk about God himself who is the one who promised to preserve His own Word.

Matt 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

You cannot fight these folks in your own power. Just stick them with God's Word. God is fully able to deal with them. Don't get all bogged down in arguments that no one can answer and twisted logic.