View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 01:35 PM
Scott Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debau View Post
Psalms 119:113 SAMECH. I hate vain thoughts: but thy law do I love.

God's love IS wrapped up in His doctrines. There is no seperating them. God is love, but that is also expressed contrastingly by His righteousness and hatred for sin. God is Holy and His Son will judge the world in righteousness.

Acts 17:31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

God's love is magnified by His hate for unrighteousness. He hates iniquity.

Hebrews 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

He is angry every day with the wicked.

Psalms 7:11 God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.

Psalms 45:7 Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Psalms 97:10 Ye that love the LORD, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.

Psalms 119:104 Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.

Psalms 119:128 Therefore I esteem all thy precepts concerning all things to be right; and I hate every false way.

Psalms 119:163 I hate and abhor lying: but thy law do I love.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. Understanding what He hates brings us to love the Lord.

Proverbs 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Amos 5:15 Hate the evil, and love the good, and establish judgment in the gate: it may be that the LORD God of hosts will be gracious unto the remnant of Joseph.

Yes, God is love. It is expressed in all His attributes including judment and righteousness, and sending people to a lake of fire who reject the Saviour.

You need to study the judgment seat of Christ too Scott. II Tim 2:15 tells us to shew thyself "approved" unto God. That would be what is pleasing to the Lord. Christians can also do what is not approved of the Lord.

2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

2 Corinthians 5:11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.
Thanks, interesting.