Thread: Love & Race
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 07:55 PM

Amanda, I do like you.
Quote:
Kinds reminds me of the ole Southern "bless their heart"...LoL One can say whatever they wish as long as you end it by saying "bless their heart"
You are way off there. I'm the furthest thing from a southern bell you could ever meet. I don't mean to insinuate anything. If I do, call me on it. I don't ever want to be that way. I don't think you deal in insinuations, either. You are straight forward that's why I like you even if I don't agree with you on some things.

Quote:
Forgive me. Perhaps you'd like to show me the bigger picture. Feel free when I offer my simplistic posts to either pass over them or bring me alongside..."Now Amanda, you've got some good points but let me show you the bigger picture" I welcome you to.
You seem to be accusing me of being proud and arrogant. Why? Because I have a different perspective than you? And because I come out and say what I think? Because I don't have tact? I never said you have simplistic posts. I think you are very smart and very knowledgeable. I've noticed you aren't shy about your opinions, either. You seem more than able to defend yourself. So what's the problem?

I think you're great. I don't have a lot of guile. I'll answer your other points when I can, tonight or tomorrow night. You taught me some things and I can see you have a lot more you can teach me, if you want to. I look at myself as sort of a misfit in the "christian community". I learned everything I know from reading my Bible and from my husband, with virtually no contact with the "christian community". I find my husband and myself agree most with George's and Tony's viewpoints. Not that they are quite the same. I am thrilled that you joined this forum. You just don't get to come in with your guns blazing and not get challenged, that's all. You'll find I am very willing to concede something when I can be proven wrong.

Jennifer