Thread: The Great Smear
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
That comment certainly has elements of truth to it, Sister. But I see in scripture the real problem is not following Jesus. We should simply teach one another to know, love, and follow Jesus Christ.

Matthew 4:19 And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.

As a pastor, I spent years teaching plans, programs, methods, and formulas but failed to see this simple truth in scripture. "Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." Know, love, and follow Jesus and witnessing of Him will be spontaneous and natural. Teach, proclaim, share, exalt, magnify, and glorify the Lord Jesus Christ. And while we're at it:

Matthew 9:38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.
Brother Forrest,

You are right that, if we know, love and follow Jesus (as Paul did), then we will want to share our faith with others. The one simply and naturally follows the other. I can barely contain my JOY in sharing my faith with others! All of the plans programs, methods, formulas - and even such meritrous awards as Bibles, tracts or nice plaques - are not going to matter a whit, if a person does not LOVE enough to share their faith in Jesus.

Thanks for your input brother!

Jassy