Thread: Which Strongs?
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 01:07 AM

Hello Stephanos. Yep! The John Kollenberger, N.I.V. and Zondervan bunch just hate and despise the venerable Authorized Version (and all the many reference books that have been keyed to it) so much that they must have sat up nights holding hands whilst reciting pagan poems and starring into bonfires...

Finally it dawned on them!; "Hey---let's pretend we are helping Prof. Strong and his excellent work...we'll call it "stronger than Strongs" ,,,but we will dummm it down by using NIV lingo and putting lies (bold ones and subtle...hint- read Genesis 3) in there. When people look up words that are in their Authorized Bibles for centuries...We'll cast doubt on them and say: ..." That is not found in the best manuscript evidence, or "Older texts don't have that verse"....blah-blah-blah. At least the NASB had the honesty to mention in the page footnotes/margin notes when or why they put brackets {} around something...The NIV bunch just leaves out portions of Holy writ at their own whim!

I was still working at a Christian book store when that edition came out---and I immediately felt the "warning buzzers" going off. Whenever I could,I'd guide the customer to a real Strong's Concordance. Also the binding/cover material is not the same quality that the real Strongs or Youngs came with. Cheap Zondervan stuff! IMO- as soon as you can afford to, shop at a used book store or an online book dealer or auction site and get yourself a tried and true Strongs concordance...with NOTHING that says N.I.V., or Kollenberger or the Zondervan bunch.