View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 10:59 AM

Default Re: "Do you have to be KJVO to be here???"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew Ward View Post
"Why is then people look to what they disagree about more then what they agree on?

If we can agree on salvation we should be able to walk together, should we not?

If we can agree that the message of salvation needs to be taken into all the world and preached to everyone we should be able to walk together, should we not?

I could go on and on but I think you can see my point.

If we can only walk with those we agree 100% on, then it will be one lonely walk. Because I do not know anyone I agree 100% on every Bible doctine, do you
?"
Aloha brother Matthew,

Since March of last year (2008) I have posted nearly 750 Posts on the AV1611 Forums. I have NEVER said, nor would I ever say, that "we can only walk with those we agree 100%". I can have fellowship (around the Lord Jesus Christ & His Holy word) with "all-kinds" of Christians (I'm far more "tolerant" of Christians troubled by "the sins of the flesh", or of Christians that hold to "discordant doctrines" (NOT "heresies") than most of the Christians I have met in the 50 years I have been a blood bought child of God).

But I do "DRAW LINES". I will NOT "fellowship" with a out & out "Heretick"; I will NOT fellowship with ANYONE who is called a "Christian", who ADDS; SUBTRACTS; or CHANGES the Holy words of God as found in the King James Bible; I will NOT "fellowship" with ANYONE who viciously attacks, maligns, or ridicules the King James Bible; nor will I "fellowship" with ANYONE who viciously attacks, maligns, or ridicules King James Bible believers.

Now if that means I will have to endure a "lonely" walk (which I have for the past 40 years) - SO BE IT! Our "fellowship" is NOT based on the "Gospel" ALONE. Our "fellowship" MUST be based ON the Holy and pure words of God and WITH the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 John 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us
3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

WHERE is does it say that our "fellowship" is around the "Gospel"? We are saved by and through the Gospel; but our "fellowship" is WITH God the Father , and WITH His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. And this "fellowship" MUST be around the Holy word of God - NOT just the "Gospel" only.

4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.
5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Now you'll notice the "Gospel" is NOT mentioned once, but "His word" IS! God's word is supposed to be IN us, [Psalms 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.] that is -IN our HEARTS (NOT just our MINDS). Please tell me - HOW can "His word" be IN a person IF they have no idea WHERE it is? HOW can "His word" be IN a person IF they have no idea WHAT it is? HOW can "His word" be IN a person IF they are constantly ATTACKING it? And HOW can "His word" be IN a person IF they are constantly ATTACKING those Christians who are trying to uphold it and defend it?

The trouble with many of today's modern educated "Christians" is they have been "schooled" to know a whole lot of things about "Christianity" (doctrine, history, archeology, anthropology, eschatology, etc., etc.), but they have NOT been taught on HOW to "rightly divide the word of truth", nor have they been taught to rely on the Holy words of God for their understanding, because they don't know WHAT the Holy words of God are, or WHERE they can find them.

Now, I "know" WHAT the Holy words of God are, and I "know" WHERE to find them. I have trusted God for the PRESERVATION of His Holy words, and believe that they can be found - inspired, perfect, Holy, pure, and without error in the King James Bible.

Now if you "prefer" the King James Bible, that's perfectly OK with me. If you "prefer" the Hebrew & the Greek; or the "NASV" (or some other modern version); that's OK with me also (after all I don't have "dominion" over your faith - 2 Corinthians 1:24). BUT, when ANYONE, who calls himself (or herself) a "Christian" ADDS, SUBTRACTS, CHANGES, ATTACKS, MALIGNS, or RIDICULES my Bible they CROSS "A LINE" with me and I will have NOTHING MORE TO DO with that person.

If Almighty God has MAGNIFIED His Holy word ABOVE His Name: [Psalms 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.] shouldn't I at least get upset at "Christians" that viciously attack His Holy words?

WHY should I WANT to have "fellowship" with these kinds of "Christians"? WHY would I WANT to have ANYTHING to do with them? If I cannot have "fellowship" around God's Holy words with other "Christians", I want NO PART of any other kind of "fellowship"! Whether that "fellowship" be around the "Gospel" only; or around the Abortion issue only; or around our oppressive government issue only; or around the "homeschool" issue only; or around the "sodomite agenda only. If my "fellowship" with other Christians is based solely on anything other than God's Holy words, then that fellowship is perverted and cannot be WITH the Father and His son, the Lord Jesus Christ, because God DOES NOT DO ANYTHING OUTSIDE (OR APART) FROM HIS HOLY WORD!

Psalms 33:4 For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.

And according to the Holy Scriptures: . . . . "thy word is truth." [John 17:17]

Do you see the "dilemma" that most modern (educated & schooled) Christians have placed themselves in? They don't know WHAT God's word is and they don't know WHERE to find it. And if they don't know WHAT the "Truth" is or WHERE to find it, HOW can they possibly do a WORK for God, IF -"all his works are done in truth."?

1 John 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

2 John 1:1 The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth;
2 For the truth's sake, which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us for ever.
3 Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.
4 I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.

3 John 1:1 The elder unto the wellbeloved Gaius, whom I love in the truth.
2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
3 For I rejoiced greatly, when the brethren came and testified of the truth that is in thee, even as thou walkest in the truth.
4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.

You see brother, God's words are NOT just about the "Gospel" - they are about the TRUTH, the whole TRUTH, and NOTHING but the TRUTH. and if, anyone that is called a "brother", ADDS to the TRUTH; or SUBTRACTS from the TRUTH; or CHANGES the TRUTH; or ATTACKS the TRUTH; or MALIGNS the TRUTH; or RIDICULES the TRUTH - I will separate myself from that "brother" (or "sister") and have nothing more to do with them. This "issue" will be settled at the Judgment Seat of Christ. One of us is terribly WRONG. One of us has embraced "the spirit of truth", and one of us has embraced "the spirit of error". The "TRUTH" will come out in the end.

1 John 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.