View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
That's right Brandon. I certainly agree with our Biblical responsibility to judge according to sound doctrine. No doubt.

Just so this thread does not get off topic, I am specifically referring to the times we judge according to someone's appearance and are often hasty in our judgment. In many cases its better if we simply refrain from giving any counsel or advice. What I have discovered is that most of the time when people are hurting they simply need a listening ear, a hug, and knowledge that they are in your prayers. This encourages, edifies and also validates that their "feelings" matter.
I have not always known what I am about to say in reference to this post, but it is something that has recently been shared with me by the Lord. When you say "What I have discovered is that most of the time when people are hurting they simply need a listening ear, a hug, and knowledge that they are in your prayers", you couldnt be more right. But there is one word to sum all that up. (Love). In my heart, love sums up our entire existence, & under that love come many things, such as compassion, understanding & forgiveness. So when we judge that righteous judgment, we must do so with all the love, compassion, understanding & forgiveness that the Lord God Almighty has shown to us. After all, He loved us so much He died for us! Oh how so very much greater is He that is within us!