View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Mat 18:10 Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.
Brother Luke, I'm not telling you anything you do not already know. But the committed Calvinist will always adjust the scripture through the clouded lens of false, and damnable, doctrine to read: "Take heed that ye despise not one of these [elected, chosen, foreordained, predestinated] little ones...." who really have no will to choose without God choosing for them through spiritual regeneration that must occur before they can believe and receive Christ.

Isn't that quietism? That religious mysticism which teaches that perfection and spiritual peace are attained by annihilation of the will and the passive absorption of God and divine things.

You know they teach that the "whosoever" of John's Gospel, is also "limited" to those who were "elected, chosen, foreordained, predestinated" to receive eternal life. The words whole, every, and all are also limited to the Calvin elect.

We simply tell the truth faithfully and earnestly, trusting the Holy Spirit to open their eyes. But, be assured, they say the same thing about us. Nevertheless, "But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction" (2 Peter 2:1). Oh yeah, I forgot, they denied Him because they had no choice but to deny Him! Sorry.