View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 07:23 AM
tkg

As far as the election goes Obama will be the democratic nominee. The last numbers I saw, which was about 5 days ago, said that Clinton needed 72% of the rest of the votes and with what states are left, and thats not going to happen.

As far as McCain goes, well, I am more concerned with who his vice president would be with McCains age. But as for McCain himself, he is a very liberal person. First, regarding religion, McCain is no lover of Christians. Recall his comments about key religious leaders in 2000, calling them "agents of intolerance." And McCain's vitriolic vilification of Christians was not limited to a single occurrence, for he later said, "I must not and will not retract anything that I said in that speech at Virginia Beach. It was carefully crafted, it was carefully thought out." (Hardball, 3/1/00). Second, on the issue of gay marriage, in 2005 McCain opposed a federal gay-marriage ban (Los Angeles Times, 1/25/ and 3/8). Now, however, likely realizing that most Americans think otherwise, McCain says he supports a gay-marriage ban (Meet the Press, 4/2/06). Which is it?

McCains list of leftist liberalism goes on, but hes doing the thing all politicians do, lying. As long as he can convince you hes the more conservative out of the two, you will probably vote for him. Personally from all the research Ive done Obama seems more conservative then McCain.

Scary as far as Im concerned, makes me want to move to Canada....