View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Psalms 133:1... "A Song of degrees of David. Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!"
Amen brother!

When I was a young man just out of High School I worked in a lumber yard, with 4 or 5 fellows the same age. Didn't pay much, but man we loved the hard physical work and being outdoors most of the day. It was a great job.

We had a new guy start and he couldn't get along with anybody. All he did was moan and groan and complain about everything all the time.

One day this fellow was complaining and I told him to shut-up. I know that's not very Christian, but this fellow could really get to you. Well.... this fellow came right at me and took a swing grazing my cheek, to which I reactively gave him a nice open hand slap in the face. But he came right back at me, swinging over and over again. He would telegraph his punches, so I easily bobbed each punch, and each time I gave him another slap in the face. The other guys were all there and were laughing loudly at this fellow who really didn't have much fighting skill. I bet he swung at me at least 10 times, missing, and receiving a slap from me each time.

But I tell ya, I was really impressed with this guy. He was losing badly, but there was no quit in him whatsoever. He just kept coming at me.

Finally, I put my hands up and said I didn't want to fight anymore. The other guys were still laughing at this fellow, but I told them to stop, cause this guy did not give up. He couldn't fight well, but he was tough and had lots of heart.

Anyway, that's an old geezer tale, I'm old enough I get to tell them. But from that moment on, this fellow and I became the best of friends. I would go over to his house, and got to know his whole family. And he stopped complaining after that.

Sometimes you have to fight with someone first to be friends.