View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 01:35 PM

Even though I've always been in churches that preached and taught from the KJB, no pastor or teacher ever addressed the issue of "which" version of the Bible we should use.

I settled on the KJB only--the "old fashioned" way. For better understanding [] I attempted to read and study easier to read, more "user friendly" versions, but they seemed like weak, shallow, lacking, and flowery words. They did not stir my heart with conviction and instruction like the KJB did.

The Holy Spirit spoke to my heart when reading from, and meditating on, the words written in the KJB. No instruction, no books, no arguments, persuasion of others, or healthy debates. Just me, my King James Bible, and the Holy Spirit bearing witness with my spirit that I was reading the word of God. (Can God do that?)

Actually, I did not become aware of the "version" issue until about five years ago. (I've been a follower of Jesus Christ now for 30 years.) Needless to say, I do not need any historical evidence or the eloquent arguments of educated men to convince me that the Bible, I have in my possession, is the preserved word of God. I am grateful for the power, presence, and perfect persuasion of God in my life as His child. "I am His and He is mine."