View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
Agreed. As I stated in my first post that James was written to the twelve tribes scattered abroad, not the Church. But as it is not written TO us we can still profit from the scripture as we (Church) are saved by Grace through faith and works are fruit after salvation, whereas in Tribulation both are required. So the book shows the Church in this present dispensation that we need only faith for salvation. what happened/ (will happen) to Israel was written for our ENSAMPLE and ADMONITION.
I can add nothing to this, I agree with you. Following Dr. Ruckman's method of staying within the Bible as much as I can though, my belief is that this is written to the "church" founded in Peter, James, and John that was scattered at the end of Acts 7. I believe the Scriptures teach we are grafted into this church now that the dividing wall of partition between Jew and Gentile has been removed with Israel's fall. Peter writes his first letter to the Body of believers who responded to his message in Acts 2. Both apostles stress works as a proof of living faith, something not within the administration of the Body today but time past and ages to come.

Grace and peace to you

Tony