View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Jassy, take a look at this thread and tell us what you think. If Barry (FSSL) said that it was raining outside, I would look out the window to verify it (he is sometimes right), so I would like your take on the posts there. Thanks.
Brother Tim,

Barry sounds like most people who happen to have a relative that "signs." He appoints himself an "expert" by virtue of some relative that "signs." You, at least, admitted not knowing and having a difficulty in asking and awaiting a response from your daughter.

Barry is speaking of "sign language." I have been speaking, specifically, of American Sign Language (ASL) which is a very complex language capable of expressing many nuances in language. Barry's relatives that know "sign language" might know a little "signing" and, therefore, be incapable of the complex depth of the KJV. It takes a deeper understanding of the Bible to express the KJV, as opposed to some weaker, watered-down, and perverted version of the Bible.

There have been numerous occasions when I have visited a church with a hearing friend and been excitedly informed by someone at the church: "Oh!! We have a lady that signs! She will interpret for you!!" They go grab the lady and haul her over, and she - with excruciating slowness - "signs" often using WRONG signs in English word order. Because she is so slow, a sign is missing here and there, and the interpretation thus makes no sense. I try to string it all together... but I'm being very misled by her "signing" skills (very basic, with a lot of fingerspelling of unknown signs).

Bless someone's heart, that they attempt to include me, but when someone says they can "sign" or "know sign language" - it is often the case that they don't know ASL.

I have seen jaw-dropping astonishment when I have translated a scripture from the KJV for a Deaf friend, and it was opposed to what they were taught from some simplistic Bible version. On the other hand I've seen a shrugging indifference to TRUTH from many Deaf people who aren't being told that truth due to these "new age" Bibles that twist Scriptures. They would rather stick to "what my pastor told me" - than to know the truth from the KJV.

It takes dedication and a deep desire for truth to be, initially, patient with the KJV. It also requires the Holy Spirit. Some people have neither and turn to the easiest new age Bible translations, as a result.

Jassy