View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 11:49 PM
fundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traditional Anglican View Post
I was in a "little" debate with some Roman Catholics, I stated that their beliefs were a worship of Mary and the Saints. Correct me here my friends, BUT if I see people BOWING DOWN to a statue, lighting little red candles and speaking to it....you are pretty much in a state of "worship". They gave the usual RCC answer: "You ask living friends to Pray for you, why not Mary and the Saints since they are so much closer to God." I know some of you have heard that line. Here is the problem, EVEN if you could convince me it was not worship, Scripture FORBIDS communicating with the dead, it is Necromancy and an Abomination. My question is this, how do you get around their semantics to communicate there is a REAL problem??????
Hi TA,

Catholics, while expressing a belief in "the Bible" being the word of God, do not look upon it as the final authority. If you show them scripture that contradicts what the church teaches, they ignore scripture and go with church doctrine.

Sill, "the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two ed-ged sword."..Heb 4:12

With this in mind, it is still best to just use scripture to correct them, and dont try to reason with them at an "intellectual" level....that is to say, use Gods words, not your own.

Show them this scripture and then ask them how many mediators between man and God the scripture tells us there are?

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

With the answer being "one" then ask them why they persist in praying to Mary and ignoring the word of God, especially in light of the following scripture?

Joh 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

The fact is that they will be judged by the very words of scripture (Gods words) that they reject.

Show them the truth and let God give the increase.

Fundy