View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 04:43 PM

Aloha, brother George!

Thank you for all of your incredibly kind words yesterday. To say that you have been a blessing to me is an understatement;through your keyboard you hold forth the word of life.

Submitting oneself to the Lord's order seems grievous to the natural man or woman but to the spiritual man or woman they are peace and joy.
Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.
According to my prayer years ago as a new christian, the Lord provided me with a husband who cares about what the Lord says, not what man says. It's a wonderful thing to have headship like that.

My understanding has been that you have had concerns about a woman participating in board discussions about doctrine and bible study according to your interpretation of passages in 1 Tim and 1 Cor. Regardless, you call people on their false accusations and unkind words because you are honest and just. I expect that you and others on this board would feel free to point out anything I write that you disagree with just like you would anybody else. I think I've made it apparent I'm not too easily offended. And if I do get offended I come around pretty fast. I realize for some it's like letting your little sister play along with the big boys and I do appreciate it!

Though I had been expecting a "cheap shot" to come from somewhere (I definitely knew those whom it would not come from) it still hurts when it comes. I had decided I would never visit this board again when I saw JOHNG's unkind and dishonest post but I couldn't resist taking just one more little peek and I saw your post to me. You are so right when you say that other believers will always disappoint us at one time or another, we must keep our eyes focused on Christ for He is never unkind, He is always true and He never disappoints.

I had begun to write my comments to Ironside's 6 points like you did but I decided that wasn't worth my time, either. I have too many other more important things to do. I find myself in general agreement with you on the first five. Point four will take some study to determine the truth about that. The types of arguments he used are no different from what some people in the world use and they come from below. The Lord doesn't tell us to listen to the arguments of men but to search His word for the truth. He doesn't give us some vague fear of accepting false doctrines but He tell us to look to His word to find out what He says and even tells us how we are supposed to study His word. ... God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

One could say that the definition of an hyper or ultradispensationalist is a dispensational system that goes beyond the point historically or scripturally that you do (the collective you). One thing is for sure, I will never be impressed by hypercritical and slanderous arguments. I am saddened, though, when others are influenced by them.

The body of Christ is one body, we belong to Him and if we belong to Him we will have love one to another.

Philippians 2:1-8 If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies, Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

In His love,

Jennifer

Last edited by greenbear; 07-02-2009 at 04:51 PM.