View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 06:57 PM

Brother Tim, {A Post Script to your Post}

I read through your post #72 (for the third time) and find myself in agreement with nearly all of it.

I find your responses thoughtful, carefully measured, and reasonable. I was wrong to cast you in the light I did (too hasty - but no excuse).

I agree completely with your statement below:
Quote:
I do agree that much of the teaching about the text issue by Dr. Ruckman has been useful in the continuing debate. I can completely understand the fervor with which those whose lives have been benefited by him defend the man. I just believe that it is incumbent that those who God has given exceeding great skill and responsibility to guard themselves lest their "good be evil spoken of:" (Romans 14:16) and no one can deny that Dr. Ruckman's own words have been used to discredit him and his work.
And you will note that though I admire brother Ruckman as a Bible Defender; Preacher; Teacher; Evangelist; and Author - I do not emulate him (although some here may think I do). Nor do I imitate his writings. However, God has not called me to the "ministry" that he has. (Thank God!). And so I don't question his use of harsh or crude language (even against Christians - "religious" people today) unless it can be proven that it is unwarranted.

Harsh and or rude speech in itself is not a sin. (The Lord used harsh language against the religious people of His day - not so much against ordinary people. And Paul could also put out some pretty harsh language and admitted that his speech was "rude".) That doesn't excuse the use of it if it is done in the flesh i.e. carnally. That is why if someone presents verifiable evidence that brother Ruckman is "out of line" somewhere (anywhere), you won't find me defending him at that point. I have never defended "wrong doing" on the part of my 7 children; or my Christian friends. And I try real hard not to defend "wrong doing" on my own part. Sometimes it's real difficult since: Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

I hope this settles whatever dispute or differences that we may have.
[2 Corinthians 5:18]

Again, your brother in Christ,

George