View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 06:25 PM

Brother Tim,

I have sincerely apologized to you twice (and once to brother Jerry). Once because I used the word "animosity" in describing brother Jerry's and your attitude towards brother Ruckman, which when you pointed out that the definition was "hatred" - it was obvious to me that you certainly didn't harbor "hatred" towards him. (That could be considered a "minor" point by some, but I try to be as "concise" as I can be when I speak or write.)

The second offense against you was far more egregious (which I have admitted fully - and for which I am truly sorry). Had I been more careful in reading the posts it wouldn't have happened - but I can't take back what was written, I can only apologize, which I have done.

However, I believe that my original premise still stands, and it is not how brother Jeff states it; formulates it; or crafts it. The premise is NOT - do brother Jerry or whoever else chooses to criticize brother Ruckman have a "right" (a civil "right") to criticize him (be my guest - criticize away - it used to be a free country). The point that I was trying to make (through all of the "clutter") is: Is it "RIGHT" according to the Holy Scriptures? Is it the "RIGHT THING" to do as brethren? (Especially since very few of those who are crticizing him know very much about him except for "hearsay" or like yourself, who don't like his rough or crude language. Why are some of the brethren hung up on "Civil "Rights", but have little or no concern for WHAT IS RIGHT & WHAT IS WRONG? (According to the Scriptures)?

The commandment from the Lord Jesus Christ is very clear:

"Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment." John 7:24

How can anyone judge this man; or his works; or his ministry - IF they are not personally familiar with him; or his books; or his ministry? What is so difficult about that? We are commanded NOT to judge according to appearance and yet that is what these people are doing - if they haven't met the man: haven't heard him preach or teach; haven't read at least 10 or 12 of his various books; or seen or heard his tapes.

Again the Scriptures also point out:

Matthew 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
Luke 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:
Luke 12:57 Yea, and why even of yourselves judge ye not what is right?

James 4:11 Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.
James 5:9 Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door.

Romans 14:13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.

Do those of us who profess to believe the King James Bible "practice" what it says? Or do we pick and choose what to believe and what to follow?

Whenever people on this Forum choose to unjustly criticize brother Ruckman: (And I quote from brother Jerry in regards to Ruckman's materials: "Chew the meat and spit out the bones is great advice if you are eating a steak - but not if the steak is poisoned." - "Poisoned"? Pretty strong criticism in my Book! Please note: I haven't layed this kind of a charge against anyone on this Forum.); or should they choose to lay unwarranted (or unprovable) charges against him such as: (he teaches "wacky doctrines" (?); "quirky doctrines" (?); heresies"(?); "he is a hyper-dispensationalist" (?); "the re-inspiration of the KJV or the KJV translators," (?); etc.; etc. I will respond: If you choose to be critical of someone, at least be specific! NAME (by direct "quotes") "the poison"; NAME -"the wacky or quirky doctrines"; NAME -"the heresies"; PROVE -"he's a hyper-dispensationalist" (definition first and by his words); DEMONSTRATE -"Re-inspiration of scripture" (whatever that means).

It's real easy to throw out accusations. it's much harder to back them up! For example: "The U.S. government introduced aids into America to kill off people of color!" (It true - if believe people like the "Reverend" Jeremiah Wright!) But on the other hand "Reverend" Wright couldn't PROVE his allegations and accusations if his life depended on it!

Am I asking for too much? In light of the Scriptural warnings about judging (especially another brother in Christ)? I think not.

Your brother in Christ,

George