View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbiwolski View Post
Gentlemen, have you overlooked that Dr. Ruckman ends all of his "abusive" remarks with the "and I say that with charity, of course!?!"
George,

The fact is that it is not right to suggest that following abusive remarks with, "and I say that with charity" automatically makes whatever words preceded them okay. The words that preceded them may have been perfectly innocent, but that's not what's being intimated.

Was Jerry right to point this out? Yes
Do you have the right to criticize him for that? Yes. Were you right to do so????

You, or anyone else, do have the right to give your views to the contrary. Clearly there is some disagreement on what type of language it is appropriate for a Christian leader to use. No matter how godly a man may be in most things it is still important to warn those who may follow him of any possible problems.

Even if Jerry had said the same thing before it's still right for him to reaffirm it when the subject is brought up again. You don't stop reproving sin just because you've done it once.

It's interesting that Proverbs 26:18, 19 which is being misapplied on another thread would more apply applies here.
Quote:
As a mad man who casteth firebrands, arrows, and death, 19 So is the man that deceiveth his neighbour, and saith, Am not I in sport?
Even though I've never made any personal comments against Dr. Ruckman it's insinuated I'm anti-Ruckman. Brother Wilder has never answered my response to this comment
Quote:
Who cares what Jeff or anyone like-minded thinks about Dr. Ruckman, go on and have your opinion, its a free country.
I won't suggest he is dishonest and lacks integrity as you have me. In post 48 you asked me
Quote:
Why are you and others so quick to condemn someone that you don't even know? Just exactly what is your problem?
Who have I condemned? George, you're doing the same thing you've accused me of.

George, I'm happy Dr. Ruckman helped show you the truth. But I'm not going to automatically accept every thing he might do just because he's 50%, 90%, or 99 and 44/100 percent right.

I generally agree with your assessment of Dr. Ruckman and "Rev" Wright, but I do find it interesting you use almost exactly the same argument Wright supporters do to defend Dr. Ruckman.
Quote:
Peter Ruckman has written approximately 100 books; probably as many pamphlets or booklets; and hundreds of articles over almost 60 years of his ministry. On top of that, he has hundreds (if not thousands) of hours of audio and video tapes also. How can Jerry or anyone else judge this man if they haven’t even seen, read, or heard even 1% of his material?
There's a church in town that I would, I believe wisely, not advise people to go to even though I've not sat through many sermons, I'm positive the pastor is a genuine believer, and appears to be solid doctrinally. But there is evidence of a serious problem and, thankfully, I'm convinced there is a better church.

You know what helped finally fully convinced me of the truth behind the KJB? It was by looking at sites run by modern-version-onlyists and seeing how confused and often even hateful they were. They would also try to squelch any debate.

As far as I'm concerned I'm done with this. We're just going around in circles. If I feel prompted to reply to some post I will, whether or not you, or the majority of people here agree with it. I will try to be circumspect and avoid fruitless arguments (see how long I keep this promise ). Diligent will be the only one who will have the final say as to when I'm no longer able to post.

George, I know many of your posts have been very helpful. Your knowledge and wisdom are appreiciated. I still reserve the right to disagree with you.