View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 05:10 PM

Luke

You need assurance. You are never going to know assurance by your feelings. Feelings have nothing to do with your salvation.

1) Do you realize you are a lost sinner who is guilty before God and cannot save yourself?

By your very words here you admit you are a sinner in need of Christ.

2)Do you believe Jesus is the Son of God, that He paid for your sins by going to the cross, shedding his blood, that He died, was buried, and after 3 days rose from the dead? -

I can't answer for you, but I think you believe all this.

3) Have your trusted Christ?

Have you prayed and asked Jesus to forgive your sins, and told him you receive his as your savior?

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

The Bible says if you called upon Jesus to be your savior, you are saved.

Revelations 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Jesus is already knocking at the door of your heart. Have you invited Jesus into your heart? If so the Bible says you are saved.

Have you come to Jesus as best you know how in your heart and asked He forgive you?

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Jesus knows EVERYTHING. If you have prayed to Jesus in your heart and asked Him to forgive your sins, he KNOWS. And He has promised not to turn you down under any circumstance.

Isaiah 45:22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

Have you looked to Jesus and no one else to save you? Then the Bible says you are saved.

John 4:10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

Have you simply asked Jesus for everlasting life? Then Jesus promised He would give it to you.

Luke 11:9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. 10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Look Luke

Ask
Seek
Knock

Luke, believeing is not a feeling. Believeing is a choice. Everyone is able to believe if they choose to do so.

Look at all these verses. They are all about believeing. Each one is a way to believe.

If you've asked Jesus to save you, then you have believed.

If you've come to Jesus to save you, then you have believed.

If you've opened your heart to receive Jesus, then you have believed.

If you've looked to Jesus to save you, then you have believed.

If you simply want Jesus to save you, then you have believed.

Revelations 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Are you willing to let Jesus save you? Jesus knows your heart.

Do not go by your feelings. Go by God's Word. If you know you are a sinner that cannot save yourself, and believe only Jesus the Son of God can save you, and you have gone to Jesus in any of these ways, then the Bible says you are saved.

Last edited by Winman; 03-24-2009 at 05:19 PM.