View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I have a constant nagging in my own mind. I oft fear that I am not saved. Now, I have mentioned this before on this forum and another, but my thoughts are becoming clearer now. I'm not sure if I have or do trust in Jesus Christ as my Saviour. I thought I did, I don't remember now.

I've sinned greatly against God and hate my sin, yet often find myself committing it again and again willfully.

I'm pretty much at the end of my tether. I used to fight it. I am wanting God to forgive me and turn my heart away from it and totally to Him.

My problem is with forgiveness... can God forgive me?
Let me make it simple.

Salvation? Jesus Christ
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved
Faith? Jesus Christ
Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Word? Jesus Christ
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Do you want the word to be alive? Then see the incarnate Word each time you read it. Keep looking unto Jesus.

Truth? Jesus Christ
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Victory? Jesus Christ
Romans 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
Strength? Jesus Christ
Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Forgiveness? Jesus Christ
Ephesians 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
Justification? Jesus Christ
Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
It's Jesus...Luke.