View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biblestudent View Post
If it is true that Christ "will marry" the church, why then are we "married" (Rom.7) and IS "one flesh" (Eph 5) with Him right NOW.
I explained in an earlier post that I believe we are married to Jesus Christ now spiritually, but that the physical union is yet future, when our bodies are redeemed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biblestudent View Post
Again, here is a CLEAR, DEFINITE Scripture that tells us of a FUTURE MARRIAGE BETWEEN GOD AND THE NATION (AS WELL AS THE LAND) OF ISRAEL.

Isaiah 62:4 Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken; neither shall thy land any more be termed Desolate: but thou shalt be called Hephzibah, and thy land Beulah: for the LORD delighteth in thee, and THY LAND SHALL BE MARRIED.
Isaiah 62:5 For as a young man marrieth a virgin, so shall thy sons marry thee: and as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, so SHALL thy God rejoice over thee.

"Shall" - FUTURE TENSEPlease answer this: When will Isaiah 62:4,5 be fulfilled?
I've got no problem with this passage, it likely refers to the Millennium, but where does it say Israel will marry Jesus Christ? Also you forgot to highlight the double usage of the simile "as" in Isa 62:5, as you have so often highlighted in your previous refutations.