View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 08:50 PM
HowlerMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
I have a Bible that was my father's favorite. It is a PCE*. It badly needs retreading. What's your suggestion for someone who can rebind it? It is priceless as a text.

* check out BibleProtector's site for explanation of this term.
Thanks to this forum, I know what the PCE is and even went out and bought one. I have the great good fortune of having a KJVO bookshop here in my town, I sort of collect Bibles and they have gotten used to me coming in and spending a lot of time looking at their Bibles, sniffing the leather and asking questions like "do you know what kind of goatskin this is?" The PCE that I found there was one of the older Cambridge Bibles that comes in the King's College box and slipcase, these were bound in England and are good quality, but the newer ones in the pale blue box are often bound in third-world countries, those are just not up to the standards of the older Cambridge Bibles.

I have yet to use Leonard's Book Binders, but from what I have seen they are very good at what they do and their prices are much lower than the English binder I have used for my last two rebinding jobs. They also seem a lot less grumpy than the English guy, who can be a real chore at times (so I won't name him).

http://www.leonardsbooks.com/bible_rebinding.htm

I'll have to start a thread about rebinding if you think others here might be interested.