View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 01:44 AM

Default Re: "Don't tell me what it “means” just tell me what it “says”"

Aloha brother Manny and brother Parrish, and Winman,

Please read what premio53 wrote in this Thread. Do you agree with his premise?
Quote:
"How many times have you heard someone piously state that he cares not what a verse or word means but what it says? Practically every cult I know of is guilty of that philosophy. Lets look at some verses and see what they say and then lets figure out what they mean."
Premio53 was taking a direct swipe at what I have said (over and over) on this Forum. It was a clever and subtle swipe, but it was still from direct quotes that I have said on this Forum many times.

I really don't care WHO he is; or WHAT school he went to; or HOW good a student he was. What I want to know - is what he posted in his thread "Biblical Truth"?

Do we NEED a man (or men) in order to UNDERSTAND God's word? A simple YES or NO will do?

Quote:
1 John 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

1 John 2:26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.
27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
According to the Holy Bible - these 'WORDS" of Scripture are true, and so while it is nice, and convenient to have Bible teachers - it is NOT necessary.

And in these days of Apostasy a Christian is far better off NOT relying on men for "spiritual understanding", since there are so many "apostates" out there in the churches.

It's quite simple really - premio53's premise is either "True" or it is "False". Running to a few verses that do NOT address the issue directly does NOT "prove" his "private interpretation" of the clear Biblical teaching in this matter.

According to the Apostle John - we have "an unction from the Holy one"; and we "need NOT that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him."

According to premio53 (and brother Winman) we NEED someone to TEACH (or "EXPLAIN") the Scriptures to us, in order for us to UNDERSTAND them. According to the "words" of the Apostle John we DON'T NEED any man to teach us! Now WHO do you suppose I am going to believe "premio53" (WHO I don't even know) or brother Winman (WHO I also don't know either), or the Apostle John? It's NO CONTEST!

And what about the Apostle Paul's testimony in 1Corinthians Chapter 2:1-16?

Quote:
1 Corinthians 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

{WHO is the US? Are they just Bible school graduates? According to the Apostle Paul (who was writing to the church at Corinth), it is God who reveals spiritual things to men - NOT men!}

For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

{WHO is the WE? WHO is the US? Are they just Bible school graduates? According to the Apostle Paul, WE have received God's Holy Spirit so "that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God." - NOT men!}

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

{WHO is the WE?
Are they just Bible school graduates? According to the Apostle Paul, it is the Holy Ghost WHO TEACHETH us "spiritual things" - NOT MEN!}

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

If you are going to spiritually judge this matter, read ALL of Premio53's Posts, and see where he (a STRANGER to the Forum) openly criticizes brother Chette and assigns evil motives to his Posts. Is this what a Christian brother (or sister) is supposed to do so soon after joining a Bible Forum? Why doesn't it bother some brethren on the Forum when STRANGERS do this to fellow brethren on the Forum?

For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
{Again - WHO is the WE? Are they just Bible school graduates? According to the Apostle Paul, WE have the mind of Christ, and it is the Lord that INSTRUCTS us - NOT MEN!}

If I am wrong about premio53's "premise" on this Thread - WHAT do you do about these verses that DIRECTLY ADDRESS this issue? According to the Apostle John - I have an "UNCTION from the Holy One" and I
"need NOT that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him."According to the Apostle Paul - I have the mind of Christ, and I am to look to the Holy Spirit for instruction and understanding - NOT men!)

Now, am I promoting some CULT PHILOSOPHY as premio53 has intimated? "
Practically every cult I know of is guilty of that philosophy."
If I teach that knowing WHAT God SAYS (His very own "words") is far more important than than knowing what some men "THINK" His Holy words "MEAN" - does that make me some kind of "cult" leader? Hmmm?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winman
Wow.
Bro George, I think you way overreacted there.
I have to agree with you Winman.
I'm sorry to say I am quickly losing respect for the patterns of some of the regulars here. It's getting a little silly with the demands for personal information and so forth, if anyone knows of other good KJV boards please let me know as I am growing weary of the lack of moderation here, and I wouldn't mind looking at other boards to see how they are run. The bashing is getting too common and it's getting more and more trivial. Nothing against anyone personally, just getting concerned over the way things are going here, it's too bad really.

And brother Parrish and Winman, - HOW do you "propose" we should treat every "kook", "crackpot", and "crazy" that shows up on this Board? Hmmm? Do we extend the right hand of fellowship to every "stranger" that shows up on the AV1611 Bible Forums regardless of the fact that we know nothing about them? Do we just ASSUME that they are "brethren"?

And when they INSULT or CRITICIZE a known brother in Christ, do we just give them "A PASS"? Is it "TRIVIAL" when prmio53 "intimates" that WHAT I am teaching is much the same as a "CULT PHILOSOPHY" ? (premio53 said: "How many times have you heard someone piously state that he cares not what a verse or word means but what it says? Practically every cult I know of is guilty of that philosophy."
WHO do you "think" premio53 was talking about? Hmmm?) Do you just "OVERLOOK" the "SUBTIL SUGGESTION" that WHAT I teach is "FALSE" and that I am GUILTY of the SAME PHILOSOPHY of "practically every "CULT"? Do you consider that "TRIVIAL"? Or did you MISS that "accusation"? Hmmm?

In the last few weeks we have had an OVERLOAD of TROUBLEMAKERS join this Forum - just how long do you "propose" we let them "disrupt" this Forum? Are we to tolerate "division", "chaos" and "ANARCHY"? And where would the "edification" be in that?

Do you think that it is proper etiquette or common courtesy for a STRANGER to come to this Forum and INSULT and CRITICIZE brother Chette, and then INTIMATE that WHAT I TEACH is NO DIFFERENT than "every cult philosophy"? If that is "TRIVIAL" - just exactly WHERE would you draw the line?

Premio53 (a STRANGER) has caused
controversy, dissension, discord, and division - and it's my fault? I didn't INVITE him here. We have NO IDEA WHO HE IS or WHAT he believes (other than the fact that he holds a lot of personal opinions and privately interprets the Scriptures).

If STRANGERS are allowed to CRITICIZE, INSULT, and "CHALLENGE" any established member, or anything that an established member Posts there will be NO EDIFICATION taking place and NO PROFIT to the Forum itself.

Romans 14:19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

2 Timothy 2:14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

Titus 3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.