View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 11:12 PM

Welcome to these forums Mind and Body, I hope you will be encouraged through them.

You ask a good question, of which a few of us down here in NZ discussed only two nights ago in a home Bible study. I don't think you can make a general statement that ALL Catholics are unsaved, because it's apparent that there have been some saved while mixed up in the religion, who came out later.

Catholicism is a cult, it is a counterfeit of Christianity whose roots go back to ancient Babylon, it is basically Baal worship in the guise of Christianity. Salvation is attained through a system of good works, NOT by grace through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ ALONE (Ephesians 2:8-9). They may say that they believe Jesus Christ is their Saviour, but deny Him as being the ONLY way to heaven. It's Jesus Christ PLUS the sacraments and good works, etc, etc.

I think one of the only sure ways to recognise a saved Catholic is when he leaves the Catholic church and goes on the serve the Lord, yet there may be some who do get saved but continue to be a memebr of the Catholic church and never do anything for God in this life, God only knows.

If you want to know for sure if a Catholic is saved or not, ask them the following question: "If you totally abandoned the Catholic church tomorrow and all you had left was faith in Jesus Christ and what He did on the cross for you, would you still go to heaven when you die?"