View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 06:20 AM

Maybe I can intervene and shed some light on the topic with the Grace of our LORD Jesus Christ.
When I was not right with God I used to DJ and produce Music. To be precise I created dance / trance / electro. Now, in the process of creating I had one thing in mind, the beat and the bass, this was to specifically hold the tune or song up, to give it its "drive" the melody etc always fell into place after the beat and rhythm was laid down. Why the beat was so important is this, it was the factor in the music that reached out to listeners "physically", at a club the bass and kickdrum could actually be felt physically, and cause an "altered" state of consciousness, even without narcotics. The melody and riffs complimented the beats and base from the physical side of the music to the spiritual, the sweeping melody and strings created an emotion in the listener when heard repetitively that again elevated them without narcotics into a somewhat daydream or trance like state. Now tie this together with drugs, soft or hard and the effect is magnified vastly.
This culture is not a generation X thing, it is not a recent thing, this dates back centuries. It is a shamanic culture, mass hysteria through "driven" beats.
Shaman used an incessant drum beat and melody along with psychotropics to direct them into their trances and keep them there so they could communicate with the "spirits", most certainly not any spirit of God, but the spirit of devils.
After I got Myself right with The LORD Jesus Christ I left that world, that life behind, but I started to look for alternative "christian" music to listen to, I listened to some so called christian rock from Red, Tree63,skillet etc, and came to the swift conclusion it was absolutely no different to the WORLD and the beat that the devil uses to control. I moved on to Hillsong and while some of their music is acoustic, most sounds again from a beat and music point of view, like the worlds beat. Strangely I felt that Hillsongs music left me emotionally thirsty, like I had to listen to more and soon to feel close to God and that when I didn't listen to it, I wasn't praising God the way I should be.
After many prayers on the subject I decided not to listen and to forget that kind of worship that leaves me thirsty because JESUS SAID I should never thirst.

John 4:13-14
Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:
But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

When all is said and done, regardless of how much we like one type of music, its the beat, its always the beat, you can mask it with lyrics that mention Jesus but it does not cover up the fact that the beat is the noise of war.

"Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. Be not ye therefore partakers with them. For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light" Ephesians 5:6-8

Stephanos Brother, I am not attacking you here don't even think that, its is merely a testimony from myself on how music enslaved me, take the matter to prayer. If listening leaves an imprint of music in your mind that repeats over in your head because its "catchy" is that spirit good or bad?
Trance, beat driven music , enslaved me, and left me thirsty for more and depressed if i didn't listen to it. I put it behind me where he should be.

"Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;" Titus 2:12

May my post be of help to anyone, even one.
In My Saviour's name, The LORD Jesus Christ