View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 01:29 AM

Scott, Stephanos and Biblestudent here is some more info

Actually Ska is a more recent name given a to a form of Caribbean and Calypso styled street music that Modern Reggae gets it's sounds. I know all that and just because i don't post it doesn't mean I am ignorant. Now lets learn the background to all Caribbean and Calypso music it was first used in Voodoo rituals for its melodic beat and hypnotic rythym and popularized by Clement Dodd, Duke Reid and others. After WWII it became popular becuase so many Amreicans were exposed to it while posted in Jamaica.

the musical roots of Reggae go back to the mid 1800's when is was not yet even known as SKA. during the 60's it came out of it's demonic closet as entertainment and developed further into what you know as Reggae in the 70's. but musical history does not change it's demonic roots.

VOODOO witch doctors would use what later would be called Ska music during their rituals (it was used in th Ethiopian Zion Coptic Church since it's original founding in the late 1800's) when they would raise a Zombie (a person usually before hand would be dosed with a nerve conditioning drug made from plants that puts them into a near death coma. Docotrs will often declare the person dead)then the night of the Burial the witch doctor would dig up the body and assemble all sort of people to an area in the churches graveyard between midnitght and 3AM.

they would play the hypnotic music, chant and dance. then the witch doctor would revive the person by giving them an antidote to the chemicals used and the person would wake up. the doctor will tell them they had died and that the witch had raised them so they now belong to the witch if they want to remain alive. (this knowledge of the use of certain plants to put a person in a coma like state came from Africa)

Jamica's original inhabitants died off due to the diseases brought in by the Spanish, and escaped slaves from America who were trying to get back to Africa. they brought their witchcraft and Roman Catholisim with them and blended it and created their own religion known as voodoo and thier official church is the Ethiopian Zion Coptic Church.

Many watch enjoyed the music and rituals that were sometimes very elaborate they would then fear the witch doctor and pay money to keep themselves free from the evil powers. Marajauna was used as incence in the 1800's (and even today) in the church services the pot smoke filled area would cause the peopel attending to became high and have mystical and spiritual revelation. then during Church services at the Ethiopina Zion Coptic Church they would be asked to share what JAH had revealed.

Now knowing all that I have shared would you use Pagan Roman music that was used to worship Jupiter or Pagan Greek Muscic that was used to worship Zues, or Pagan Babylonian music that was used to worship Marduke to worship Jesus Christ? why would you want to use Pagan Jamaican Music that was used to worship JAH and used in devilish rituals to worship Jesus Christ?

the whole thing about reggae is just that it comes from a perverse religion of Demonic possessed people. and Like I said before Jesus Did not die to redeem cultures, music or anyother thing. he died only for man. Not for what man enjoys.

look at this verse the Lord tells the Israelites.

Leviticus 18:2-4 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, I am the LORD your God. After the doings of the land of Egypt, wherein ye dwelt, shall ye not do: and after the doings of the land of Canaan, whither I bring you, shall ye not do: neither shall ye walk in their ordinances. Ye shall do my judgments, and keep mine ordinances, to walk therein: I am the LORD your God. also in Lev 22:23 And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them.
similarly we are not to worship the Lord in the way of the world from which we were saved from. to worship with reggae, Rap, and Rock and Roll would go against what the Lord would like for us.

I am not trying to be Antagonistic or self righteous. but Worship is one thing and Entertainment is another. in Proverbs 6:23 For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life: I just gave a little reproof that all.

And Stephanos Chette's Gospel is the same as Paul's Gospel faith in the finished work of Christ's cross.

The Ethiopian Zion Coptic Churches of America all started with the one church in Jamaica.

Last edited by chette777; 08-18-2008 at 01:42 AM.