Thread: Rev. 22:19
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 10:43 AM

Hi Folks,

I will say that I like that this forum gives those coming with an agenda a real opportunity to share and listen, or not. It is "cute" how they how they come with such an innocent persona - and then given themselves over to any inane attack on the word of God.

My goal is to use the more legitimate questions (e.g. Rev 22:19 as a whole, not just Greek manuscripts) as a spur to organize the question and make the thread a resource for anybody in the future. And for me to learn, personally I really appreciate the "hard case" verses as my own learning tools. Whether the original questioner receives anything or not. And on a lot of these issues the King James Bible defenders can use more full-orbed resources in one place. (e.g. Thomas Holland may have some excellent material, and Will Kinney, yet more can be dug up or expressed in a full special discussion and research. Also we have room and time to give the verses and the related verses on a forum like this one than is usually given in an article.)

There may have been some elements of sincerity in TimV, it was hard for me to tell. By the time he ended up lauding the ignorant reference of the vicious and petty and deceiving Eugene Nida - much had been exposed.

Moderator decisions are always difficult, Brandon is generally on top of the issues, trying to allow for real dialog, yet keeping at a distance the pseudo-intellectual spirits of mockery and vanity that drag so many forums into the mud. Such human pride is designed to fight the purity of the Bible and does get tiresome, so only so much leeway is proper, as Brandon clearly understands.

Maybe TimV will learn a bit, at least he had an opportunity to consider some views that are outside his Nida-mainstream, on Rev 22:19, Hebrew in the NT, terebinths and oaks, the LXX and NT, Edersheim and a bit more. May his heart be opened to learning more about the purity and perfection of the Bible, by the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Shalom,
Steven Avery