Thread: Rev. 22:19
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 10:09 PM

Default Re: "Newbies" and Their "Agenda"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimV
I'm not going to justify my questions to you, Steve. You offered to help. I asked a few questions. That's all there is to it. I've been polite, and not mocked you. My reasons for wanting to know how many Greek mms have tree instead of book are my own. If you could understand how little I care about what version of the Bible you read, your hair would stand up in shock.

There must be people out there who know, and I'll wait a few days, checking in here on this thread, and if you can't help me, I'll bid you all goodbye and we can all be friends.
Aloha all,

Once again we have someone who has come to this Forum with an obvious "Agenda", and who "pretends" to want to know something (the answer to which he already has). These people come with feigned sincerity and through clever subterfuge they introduce division and confusion and then play the "innocent one" when brought up short for their inane questions.

Earlier on this Forum {05/02/08} I pointed out what all of these people (with a personal agenda) have in common http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...84&postcount=1 Unlike most of us, they will have lots (many in number) of Posts. In other words they haven't come to edify, they've come to debate and to argue; or to demonstrate their "knowledge"; or to try to catch an unsuspecting brother or sister in their words.

It is useless to try to reason with these people, for they are not seeking the truth - they are looking for an argument. You cannot convince people like this about anything, since their minds are already made up and no amount of facts, evidence, or testimony will ever change it!

The following is an excerpt from my previous Post:

Quote:
{05/02/08} <> HUMANISTS – SOPHISTS – FOOLS – GNAT STRAINERS – HERETICS

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. One of the draw backs of a Forum such as this is that there is very little opportunity to worship or have fellowship together (unless someone makes the effort). Another drawback is the fact that “anybody” can “join-up” and we know little or nothing about them.

I can understand why women on the Forum cannot reveal very much about themselves (what with all of the kooks & perverts out there), but it’s fascinating to me that most of the men who join – join up “Incognito”; that is we know NOTHING about them (and many of them reveal very little about themselves personally.

However, there is something that I have observed since joining this Forum and that is there are a certain number of people (a minority) who come to argue, instruct, and to “straighten us out” on our doctrine.

These people come with a personal “agenda”, and most of them will fall under one of the “headings” on this thread: {HUMANISTS – SOPHISTS – FOOLS – GNAT STRAINERS & HERETICS - Take your pick and if the shoe fits – wear it!} These people are not interested in “edifying” the brethren – they are interested in “persuading” people to their “point of view” in order to have dominion over them.

However, they all seem to have the same basic “characteristics” (or attributes) and operate under the same “modus operandi”.

#1. They know it all.
#2. They cannot (or will not) receive instruction.
#3. They “ignore” the “WORDS” of God – in favor of emphasizing the “Spirit” of God
#4. They are always argumentive.
#5. They are always personally insulting.
#6. They have “knowledge” – but very little: REAL SPIRITUAL Discernment, Understanding, or Wisdom.

But this last “characteristic” is something they ALL have in common:

#7. They are “PROLIFIC” - with their private opinions; private interpretations; False Doctrines & Heresies.
The easiest way to spot these pretenders is to check out their public "profile" on the "Forum Info" and see HOW MANY POSTS they make. Whereas most of us might have on average - 1 to 3 Posts per day, they may have anywhere's from 4 to 12 Posts (or more! ) per day {A sure SIGN that they have a personal "AGENDA".}

These are they who are: "Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth." [2 Timothy 3:7]

Proverbs 26:12 Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit? there is more hope of a fool than of him.