Thread: SWORD Wars
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Am I View Post
Doxa:

I'm new here, and am not sure if you are referring to me, as I do like to use lots of Scripture when explaining my position.

I keep in mind the example Jesus set, using Scripture to refute what the Pharisees and scribes (and even Satan!) would say, often saying "Have you not read..?" or "It is written..."

Paul did the same thing, using Scripture to prove his point.

If someone disagrees with my position, they are welcome to show me, from God's word, why they believe what they believe, and why they think that I am mistaken.
Dont worry sister you are 100% to use scripture, and as Brandon says half the time not enough is used.
Doxa, sister, this was my point from earlier that genuine, kind, sincere, tenderhearted brethren will think your post is directed at them.

The Underlined is testament to why we should use scripture for all things, the Bible IS our FINAL authority
1 Thessalonians 2:13
For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.
Ephesians 6:17
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Proverbs 30:5
Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.