Thread: SWORD Wars
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Doxa wrote: I see a lot of Sword (meaning God's Precious Sacred Word of God) being used what I would deem sacrilege to make points and sling mud at people.
I want to clarify my position. I wrote in my previous post:

Quote:
That's an accurate assessment.

"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart" (Hebrews 4:12).
I was specifically referring to the statement you made, "My husband calls this kind of thing, Sword Wars." I'm certainly not agreeing with your judgment concerning this Forum, Doxa.

The Word of God is indeed a "Sword" by its own testimony. We (that is, many who are on this Forum) simply speak the word of God which is "...sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart" (Hebrews 4:12).

Some do indeed "sling the mud" of carnal opinion, but many are picking up the "Sword" which is "piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."