View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 06:32 PM

RonB,

consider these scriptures ask which commandments are missing from the OT Ten commandments given to Israel. in the following verse.

Romans 13:9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if [there be] any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

you notice Paul only mentions certain commandments in regard to the Body of Christ. and he doesn't mention the sabbath at all.

Romans 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day [alike]. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

Paul doesn't' even advocate a Sabbath day for the Body of Christ but lets that stand by their own conscience as to what day they consider holy.

Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath [days]:

Now if a man wants to observe a Sabbath (Saturday) then let him do so but he is not to judge another who does not observe the Sabbath and vise versa. Some people out their teach that if you don't worship on the Sabbath your not saved. even as far as to say if you worship on Sunday you have the mark of the beast. Their Problem is they are judging others and Paul says let them not do so

Be at peace brother RonB and let your heart tell you what day to observe. I personally worship everyday. Now concerning physical rest. you need one day of rest a week. this is a scientifically proven fact. you can work 16 hour days for 6 days, which is exhausting) but if you physically rest one day in 7 you can fully physically recharge.

one last verse for you to consider it is who is the law (ten commandments) for?

Mal 4:4 Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.

the law is given to Israel not to Gentiles or the church age saints today.

Read also Acts 15. the Jewish Apostles state that not even their fathers could keep the Law so why should they burden the Gentile to do so? And they agreed not to lay the burden of the law on Gentiles but suggested they refrain from 4 things fornication, strangled animals, pollutions of Idols and from consuming or shedding blood.

I hope that helps you to see under the New Testament of our Lord Jesus Christ the body of Christ which is made up largely by Gentiles is under no requirement to keep the law of Exodus 20 given to the Jews except where it agrees with Paul's teaching.

Last edited by chette777; 03-23-2009 at 06:39 PM.