View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 06:05 PM

Chette

Now, I agree with you completely on that. I do believe that 1/3 of the angels chose to follow Satan in his rebellion leading to their destruction. I believe that happened between Gen 1:31 where God saw every thing he had made and it was very good, and Gen 2:1 where he approached Eve and deceived her.

You argued before that this is a gap of silence. And you are correct. But we have a verse stating everything God made was good, and the very next verse shows the serpent (Satan) evil. So obviously something changed.

And you do the same thing when you argue the Gap. There is nothing between Gen 1:1 and Gen 1:2 whatsover. Nothing. The problem with the Gap is that Gen 1:31 contradicts your belief that Satan rebelled in Gen 1:1.

A six day creationist does not have to contend with a contradiction of scripture like you do.

And Exo 20:11 again says God created heaven (not heavens), using the EXACT same word as Gen 1:1 in SIX DAYS. And it includes "all that in them is" which would have to include Satan and all other angels.

Gen 20: 11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Now, I know you are going to talk about your "24/7 time", but you have nothing in scripture to support that. That is simply the invention of someone trying to create this Gap theory.

Show me scriptures that support this supposed different time in Gen 1:1 that differs from the time in Gen 1:2 that you believe in.

So, you have to make all sorts of convoluted arguments to make your theory work. And still it contradicts many scriptures. But six day creation does not have to twist the scriptures in any way, and there are no contradictions.