View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 01:11 PM
whirlwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
Revelation 11:10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

Two Prophets, not two groups of prophets, if it were groups it would be these Prophets, two would not appear in the sentence.

It is as when Israel is referred to as "woman." She is many....not one.

Revelation 11:3 And I will give power unto My two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth."

11:4 These are the TWO OLIVE TREES and the TWO CANDLESTICKS, standing before the God of the earth.

I used to read this as the two witnesses being the two candlesticks and the two olive trees...just another name for the same thing but still two entities.

The following scripture shows that I wasn't correct in my belief:

Revelation 1:20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in My right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven CANDLESTICKS which thou sawest ARE THE SEVEN CHURCHES.

So...the candlesticks are churches and the only two churches He approved of are Philadelphia and Smyrna...they are the two candlesticks standing with the two olive trees before God. Together they are the "Two Witnesses." One of the witnesses (the two candlesticks) is the part of His church that He approves of (those that know and teach truth) and the second of the two witnesses are the two olive trees. Two churches and two olive trees make up the two witnesses.