View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Avery
So, are such enemies of the pure word of God truly walking with the Lord Jesus Christ ?
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." (Matthew 7:21-23).

The excessive hatred of some individuals against the KJB as pure and perfect may indicate that they are not of Christ to begin with. Whenever there is a great divide, e.g. between the Jewish authorities and the early Christians, or between Romanists and Lollards, or between Romanists and Protestants, it eventually came to a point where one side fully aligns to evil.

For a while, there was an opportunity for Jewish leaders to convert to Christianity before the fall of Jerusalem. And some did. (There is still great opportunity of course, we know that great salvation is afforded to the Israelite nation). Likewise, there were Roman Catholics which were converted to Protestantism. (After all, the Scripture did say to come out of her, i.e. Babylon), therefore, I expect that the issue of Bible Authority must come to the point of division (the sword that Christ brought), so that there becomes a visible party of right, and one of wrong.

It is admitted, even by some who are against KJBO, that the KJBO position is, by its nature, held to by people who are conservativist, fundamentalistic, most predominantly orthodoxic.

How often are there false prophets in the Church talking against “religion”, “tradition” and “being caught up in the non-absolutes of the Word. It is not producing life and freedom, but rather death and bondage”. They are seeing it as a war against the “demonized human race”, and especially against many Christians caught up in “legalism”.

Those who stand for KJBO have their eyes open to the ecumenical apostasy, and are aware of all kinds of errors coming into fundamentalist, evangelical and especially Charismatic circles. Our reaction should be:

1. “be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled” (1 Peter 3:14b), etc., etc.
2. “Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you” (2 Thess. 1:6), etc., etc.

The proper KJBO view is part of a proper doctrinal view. Therefore, God’s sufficient and abundant help is for that cause, not against it.