View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 04:08 AM

Well I haved tried to help you make sense of the Bible you love so much. but you are unwilling to to do. that is why you beleive that someone could lose salvation. Your friend whom you say has stopped being a Christian if he was truly saved he can't unsave himself. he is still saved. if you hold all the scriptures up as you do it will contradict unless you can rightly divide. and put things in order. a good book to read to help on this matter though I don't agree with all their teaching is from some Baptist guy by the name of Stoufer it is entitled "One Book Rightly Divided"

My friend we believe that we are called to good works in Christ Jesus. I never said otherwise. We are called to walk in good works that God has purposed for us to walk in. just that not all believers do that. your friend what caused him to turn his back on Christ?

there are different times in the Bible I don't understand why you don't see them when the Bible clearly teaches them. Are you in the Tribulation now or is it to come? are you in the Millennial Kingdom now or is it to come? those are dispensations or differnt times periods when God deals differently with men. pre flood and post flood are two differnt dispensations. you will notice the different dietary laws given in each one. there are scriputres for each of the periods past and future. all of which are for our learning.

the laying on of hands to the Samaritans has to do with authroity and submission to Jerusalem. Read the history of the Samritans, their origins, their rebellion to Jerusalem, and the setting up of their own temple against Gods clear word not to. Seek the Holy Ghost to teach you and you will have illumination. it is a wonderful experience.

Here is somethings that will help and I know you practice some of them but not all of them, I can tell by your posts. I try to follow these simple rules when studying the Bible. 1) Never add or subtract words to or from the text. 2) Never go to any scholarship where the Bible has already defined the words or terms. 3) Always notice the context. 4) Never begin with obscure verses; always interpret a “cloudy” passage with a clear passage. 5) Always interpret an incomplete statement in the Bible with a complete statement. 6) Always ask who is talking and to whom he is speaking. 7) Always take the plain, literal meaning if possible; if it is impossible, then take the passage figuratively—but only if it’s impossible. 8) In the Bible there are three distinct types of applications: a historical application, a doctrinal application, and a devotional application. 9) rightly divide the word of truth useing the previous 8 rules.

Last edited by chette777; 07-05-2008 at 04:24 AM.