View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 06:08 PM

Bill said;

Quote:

It seems to me that the idea of Jesus paying the price for our sins that would require billions of eternities in hell in just the short time of his death on the cross is hard to understand because we can't comprehend how God is infinitely greater than us. We don't have any idea of how superficial we are compared to God. I take this biblical truth more by faith than by understanding.
I once heard a sermon where a pastor said that if we die in our sins, we can never truly pay the penalty, we have to suffer forever. But Jesus so completely paid the penalty of our sins that he was raised to life. I agree with you, this is not something that our minds can grasp or comprehend.

Jassy, I personally would not spend much time with a person who asked questions like this. If you could answer this question, they will just ask you another, then another, then another...

Matt 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

I told the story awhile back of going soulwinning with my pastor many years ago. We knocked on a lady's door and introduced ourselves. My pastor asked the lady if he could show her out of the Bible how to have her sins forgiven and receive eternal life through Jesus. She invited us in.

My pastor started showing her the Romans Road I believe. But several times the lady said "I do not believe that". Suddenly, my pastor stood up and thanked the lady for having us in, and said we would be on our way. I was shocked, because he did not take her through all the scriptures. When we got to the car I asked him why he had stopped without finishing.

He said, "Did you hear what she said? She said she did not believe the Bible. And if you do not believe the Bible you cannot be saved".

I learned a valuable lesson that day. Do not waste time with people who do not believe the Bible. Look for those who do believe the Bible, but do not know the gospel.

Acts 13:50 But the Jews stirred up the devout and honourable women, and the chief men of the city, and raised persecution against Paul and Barnabas, and expelled them out of their coasts.
51 But they shook off the dust of their feet against them, and came unto Iconium.