Thread: Love & Race
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 12:52 PM

Well, being an Asian (Oriental, to be specific), I certainly can't belong to KKK! I might get "persecuted"!!!

Anyhow, I know a missionary couple (the husband is white and the wife is Filipino) who's in Philippine, serving the Lord greatly and bearing much fruit. And my church has been supporting the family for about 10 years. I personally don't have anything against any Christian couple who married outside of their nation as I, like Cody1611, believe that the most important thing in marriage is FAITH.

And I know Ruth is a woman with great faith, and I do believe that it was God's will to have Boaz to marry Ruth. (And have Jesus Christ born from his seed.) However, it doesn't seem that the sons of Naomi married women of Moab (Orpah and Ruth) according to God's will. Also, it was Ruth's decision to cleave unto Noami and followed her to the land of Judah. "..thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God" (Ruth 16:16) So once one is completely dedicated to God and leave everything behind, then sure, perhaps God will use him/her to do God's work.

I also don't believe those who married outside of their race have to get out of church or anything, but we do have to look carefully if it is really God's will to have them marry especially times like today. Because today, in a lot of cases, "race mixing" became "norm" and something to be proud of. For instance, here in Toronto (Canada), "Torontonians" are supposed to be "proud" of Toronto's "diversity" and "multiculturalism".

So... I wouldn't necessarily call interracial marriage "Biblical".
"For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints." (1 Corinthians 14:33)