View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Did I come here and join up in my sleep or something? It's like I am watching myself post, but it's someone else.

I have, for the longest time, struggled with assurance of salvation because of sin in my life and my lack of total and complete devotion to Christ.

Brother its been a while since I posted on the forums, I completely understand what you mean about the internet being a dark place filled with doctrines of devils, let me say with the utmost brotherly compassion that your testimony and tender heart time and time again on this forum testifies with the indwelling Spirit of God that you ARE my brother and I can say that with full assurance,

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

The gulit I know that you may feel over your sins are clear enough evidence that The Spirit of truth who abides in us and guides us IS convicting you and calling you to put them right, I would be a lot more worried if you were comfortable in your sins with no conviction.

Philippians 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

We all have different measures of faith in our life, some have faith in abundance some struggle daily, but the bottom line is we that are born again of Gods Spirit have FAITH
Temptations and trials are a sign of our suffering with Christ, for Christ. I am slowly coming to this understanding also, that the unworthiness we feel is a reminder that we are saved by the Grace Of God.

2 Corinthians 12:6 For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool; for I will say the truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me.
2 Corinthians 12:7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
2 Corinthians 12:8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

What an amazing work that has been done in us, and the simplicity of the assurance that Our Lord can say to us

My grace is sufficient for thee

God Bless Brother, feel assured