View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 08:45 PM

Ok, Bro. Stephen, just wanted to make sure about the "garbage" thing. I am trying to help Luke, by pointing him to the only one who can help him JESUS CHRIST. I don't agree you should EVER tell anybody they are or are not saved, you're not the Holy Ghost. There is but one who can answer that question for you, that's JESUS! I was just trying to help, sorry if it came across any other way. Luke, humble yourself before the Lord and beg his mercy upon you. He can and will give you peace with your salvation and give you the GRACE needed to get you through whatever you might be facing. Just be careful about using the Lord to get you out of your problems, then forgetting him when things go the way you want. Trust me, I've done it. God knows your heart and knows if you're serious about wanting Jesus to rule and reign in your life or if you're just using him as a "crutch." I don't no your heart and am in NO WAY saying that's what you're doing. I know I have tried to use him as a crutch and it got me nowhere. So, the only advice I can give is the same as before, humble yourself before the Lord and beg Jesus for mercy, grace, and peace. He can and will help you! I will continue to pray for you! Stephen, my King James Bible says NOTHING about preaching to give "christians" assurance of their salvation. God called me to "preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctorine." Jesus is the only one who can give assurance of salvation.