View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
...but at the same time you are telling people in essence they must keep them.

What do they do when they come across some one who has kept all the Ten Commandments? Paul said he did.
I suppose that could, and probably does, happen. I honestly don't know exactly how others use the law to preach the Gospel of Christ. But whenever I use the law, for example, I trust the Holy Spirit to use God's perfect written law in order to reveal the fact that they cannot possibly keep them.

Personally, I've never witnessed to anyone who has passed the test of the "Ten Commandments." One lie? One lust? One theft? One time taking God's name in vain? How many times do you need to lie in order to be a liar? Instead of implying they must keep the law, I think the trust of many who are using the law as a schoolmaster, is to allow the Holy Spirit to show a person the impossibility of keeping or obeying the law. Remember, we also teach, "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all" (James 2:10).

You said, "What do they do when they come across some one who has kept all the Ten Commandments? Paul said he did."

When did the Apostle Paul say he came across individuals who actually kept the Ten Commandments? I can't recall at this time. Remind me of the Scripture for that.

I could see the possibility of coming across someone who "claims" to be a keeper of the law. Do you think there are persons who have actually kept every commandment, all of their life? Every thought? Every word? Every deed?