Thread: Repentance
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth View Post

I think you are missing something in regards to the Gospel. Man is a sinner. The man must acknowledge that he is a sinner otherwise why would he need a Saviour? So a person believes that Jesus died on the cross for sins, is that person saved?
Nope, I just wasn't talking about the Gospel.

The Gospel is 1 Cor 15:1-4 and all that it implies

Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures (therefore, if he died for our sins, we must be sinners). He was buried (therefore, our sins were buried with him in death), he rose again according to the scriptures (therefore, we have hope of life, and sin is dead to us, yet we live in Christ). We must believe, and this passage implies we must believe according to what the scriptures say in regards to his death, burial and ressurection.

To answer your question though (honestly, I just wanted a little clarification on what you meant), it depends.

Jesus said there are two types of people who will believe He died for sinners. (The self-righteous, and the sinners). The self righteous believe Jesus Christ died for sinners, but since they think they aren't sinners, they think they don't need him. The sinners believe Jesus Christ died for sinners, and since they are one, they believe Jesus Christ died for them. The self righteous are not saved, the sinners that believe are.