View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 04:08 PM

All scripture is profitable.
We have to be careful with the application sometimes.

"Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints" (Eph. 6:18)
brother

"But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word." (Acts 6:4)

"Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God." (Philippians 4:6)
brother

"Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." (James 5:16)

brother

Thank You again Bro. Parrish

You are subscribed to the thread "Should Christians Search their hearts and confess sins?" by chette777

Brother chette777, Again I say absolutely, YES.
This verse clearly means that a brother can sin a sin that is unto death.

This as we all will agree is only the first death.

We all have agreed that by grace a brother is saved from the second death.

1Jo 5:16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

GOD THE FATHER may come to a place where he says that is enough, your brother has hurt the cause of Christ long enough and put your brother in a premature grave.

CKG I quote from your #76 Post
"No one has advocated that a Christian can sin all they want with no consequences."
"Any person who can sin and not be bothered by it or thinks they can sin all they want with no consequences could be deceived, but most likely they’re lost. On the other hand we beleivers are dead to and freed from sin."

Yes brother CKG, we are freed by grace from sin unto the second death.

However, to be freed of the wages of sin unto the first death, we have to admit or agree with God that we have sinned and abandon the sin.

CKG we both agree, that a brother can't sin without consequences. Do we not put ourselves back under the consequences of the law for the first death?
Is that not what Paul tells us in the all wonderful passages from Romans Chapter 8 that you quoted from your post #76.

Romans 6
1. What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2. God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

The application of this passage is clearly declared

verse 1 ...Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2 God forbid.

again in verse 15

verse 15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Ladies and Gentlemen please notice verse 16

16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

When we became free from sins but Paul says "Know ye not" and then he tells them to "yield your member servants to righteousness unto holiness."

18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness. 19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.
All scripture is profitable.

As I have been reminded
We have to be careful with the application sometimes.

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

So, there is the wages of sin for those saved by grace and for those who choose to remain under the Law of the Jews and suffer also the second death