View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 04:44 PM

tkg, I've often said that dating, even in Baptist circles ("we're 'going out,'" etc.) is nothing but practice for divorce and emotional fornication. Sure, usually nothing actually sexual happens, but the bond between a man and a woman has more to do with than just sex. Their hearts become one (emotionally) as well, and when kids are going out with all the other kids in the church constantly, all that does is create adults with emotional scars from all those little "relationships."

My wife and I were each others' real first relationship; she had another guy interested, but nothing came of that (he was an absolute looser!!). While we went on "dates" alone when we got the chance (I only saw her three different times before we got married ), we kept everything pure and clean before God, to the best of my knowledge. Some people and their parents choose that the young people shouldn't be alone, and that's perfectly fine, not to mention advisable in almost all cases.

One more thing: don't look for a bride; let God show you the one. Waiting is a pain in the tush (I was married when I was your age ) I know, but it's more than worth it. God knows what He's doing.