View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Aloha brother Forrest, ...it is sometimes difficult (if not impossible) to tell WHO our true brothers in Christ are and WHO might be "false brethren". [2Corinthians 6:14-18]

God's Love is His "Primary" Attribute, then no one needs to go to Hell. But God's Holiness, Justice, and Truth demand a "payment" for sin - hence God's Love & Mercy, in that He sent His only begotten Son to suffer and die and to pay "the price" that His Holiness and Justice demanded!
[/FONT]
Brother George, I'm so thankful for brethren like you who "earnestly contend for the faith." Just like you, I'll just keep speaking the truth in love. Wasn't it Vance Havner who said, "I don't need to defend the Word, the Word of God is like a caged lion, all I need to do is let it out...it will take care of itself."

By way of clarification, my heart is to speak with all of the true believers and exhort us to love one another. I am specifically referring to the love of God that is now in us through Christ Jesus, not the general doctrine of God's love. I know I'm not saying anything new, but I feel prompted by the Holy Spirit to admonish the brethren, and provoke them unto love and good works. I thought I'd better obey Him.

"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another" (John 13:34).

"He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now. He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him. But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes" (1 John 2:9-11).

"We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death" (1 John 3:14).

I referenced my free booklet, only as an encouragement to the body. It conveys my heart. I hope you'll read it.

Last edited by Forrest; 08-27-2008 at 04:10 PM.