View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
The moral law is not in place. This is seventh day adventist teaching that originated in the reformed church which came out of Rome.

There is only one law in place. The law of liberty in Christ. We are not "free to keep the law" we are "free to let Christ be our life!". We look to him. We let ourselves be taken away by His holiness and beauty. The righteousness of the law is fulfilled in Him. His life in us will produce fruits that will last forever.

"For sin shall not have dominion over you for Ye are not under law, but under grace!"

Do you want to live a holy life? GET RID OF THE LAW! The law is the ministration of SIN and DEATH!

How do we live?

Galatians 2:20

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Gal 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

LAW has no part in a Christians life. The Christians life is CHRIST'S life in us (Col 3:4).
Quote:
The moral law is not in place. This is seventh day adventist teaching that originated in the reformed church which came out of Rome.
I did not realize that, Brother Luke. I don't know a lot about the "Seventh Day Adventist". I have a friend (older brother) who continually reminds me that we are not obligated to keep the ceremonial laws but we are to keep the "Ten Commandments" (moral law). He quotes Hebrews a lot. "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more" (Hebrews 10:16-17). He is a former (years ago) "Seventh Day Adventist" preacher.

Quote:
There is only one law in place. The law of liberty in Christ. We are not "free to keep the law" we are "free to let Christ be our life!". We look to him. We let ourselves be taken away by His holiness and beauty. The righteousness of the law is fulfilled in Him. His life in us will produce fruits that will last forever.
Well said.

I may be wrong here, but it seems to me that God gave two commandments that are directed to us today:
1 John 3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

3:24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.
Scripture certainly supports this truth:
John 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Galatians 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Romans 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

1 Thessalonians 4:9 But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another.