View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 03:46 PM

Default Re: "Matthew 23:14 Inspired Scripture or not?"

Aloha brethren,

Well, we have ourselves another “gnatstrainer” – who has come to the AV1611 Bible Forums to “edify” us by “CORRECTING” us! {And I always thought that that was WHY we have the Holy Scriptures.}
Quote:
2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
It never ceases to amaze me that some man (or woman) who, is a TOTAL STRANGER, and who, may (or may not) be a “Christian”, takes it upon himself (or herself) to join the AV1611 Bible Forum with the intention of “CORRECTING” all of our “mistakes”, and yet when asked a very simple question about WHICH Bible is his (or her) “FINAL AUTHORITY”, he (or she) engages in “Jesuit Casuistry” - or better know as the “ARTFUL DODGE”!

Quote:
Dictionary: ca·su·ist·ry
  • Specious or excessively subtle reasoning intended to rationalize or mislead.
  • The determination of right and wrong in questions of conduct or conscience by analyzing cases that illustrate general ethical rules.
{From: Answers.com}

casuistry - noun
1. casuistry - argumentation that is specious or excessively subtle and intended to be misleading

2. casuistry - moral philosophy based on the application of general ethical principles to resolve moral dilemmas. (the philosophical study of moral values and rules)

probabilism - a Roman Catholic system of casuistry that when expert opinions differ an actor can follow any solidly probable opinion that he wishes even though some different opinion might be more probable.

{Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2008 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.}
CRITICAL thinker said:
Quote:
I am only one part of the body. We are not all eyes, ears, or feet. I am here to edify (through correction) and witness the pure truth (without the superfluous and the mistakes).”

“Well, it may seem that way, but that would mostly be because Will writes more than just about any one else (but look at the 1611 vs. 1769 thread). No, I didn't come here to argue with him or any one else. I am here to point out error wherever I find it. I am here to make posters and readers think.”
Can you imagine the PRIDE that someone has, when he (or she) “THINKS” that he (or she) can “CORRECT” everyone? He (or she) must “think” that he (or she) KNOWS EVERYTHING and has the "corner" on the "pure truth".) WHY - even I don’t try to “correct” much more than 5% of the folks on this Forum!

Remember what I have said before: “You CAN NOT reason with a Sophist – It is an exercise in FUTILITY”! The best thing that any one of us can do is IGNORE him (or her). There is one thing that a Sophist can not stand, and that is when no one will “dialogue” with them!

Proverbs 26:4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.