View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Am I View Post
I disagree with the idea that it's okay to sin, once you get saved. Jesus did say "Go and sin no more." But if you think that you can lose your salvation, tell me, how did you get it? Did you earn your salvation? Or did Jesus do the work for you?

If you worked to get saved, then you could lose your salvation. However, since Jesus did all the work, He keeps our salvation, and we cannot lose it even if we wanted to, and tried to.
"And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand." (John 10:28, 29)

How do you know this? Could you cite the Scripture that leads you to believe this?

If we sin the same sin over and over, then we need to not just ask for forgiveness and cleansing (1 John 1:9) but should ask the Lord to help us overcome it. We need to turn away from the sin.

If we do sin, when we do sin, we have an Advocate, Someone to plead our cause, and we have Someone Who not only forgives and cleanses us, but helps us overcome the sinful flesh we live in.

And we know where we're going when we die, and we know He won't let us go...ever. We belong to Him.
"That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me." (John 17:21)

"Go and sin no more." Yes. I agree

They were clean, washed of their sins, by their faith. However, they, as we, pick up daily dirt on our feet, we 'sin' in little ways even if we're very good. That's why we need to ask the Lord to forgive us and to cleanse us, daily, to get the 'dirt' off our feet.

Look above. If I was not clear, ask me again.

Amen! It says nothing about them being "sinless" at the time. They were cleansed by Christ, through their faith in Him! Judas was not cleansed because he didn't trust Christ, he was the betrayer.