View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 07:30 PM

Show them John 12:32

John 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

Now, read this carefully. Jesus said he will draw all men to himself. So every man is drawn to Christ. But that does not mean everyone will be saved, and John 6:44 does not say that every person who is drawn will be saved either.
It says that everyone who is saved will be drawn by Jesus to himself. Big difference.

1 John 4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.

You love Jesus because he first loved you and revealed his love for you by dying on the cross for you, bearing your sins upon himself, and rising from the dead. He introduced himself to you, you did not go looking for him.

You know, when I was 11 years old, a neighbor who had been a missionary asked if she could take myself and brother to church. My Dad let us go. That day the Pastor preached about the torments of hell, and I tell you, it scared me to death. And he told how Jesus died for me in my place, so that I would not have to suffer for my sins. Then the Pastor invited anyone down who wanted to receive Jesus as their Savior. Man, I jumped out of my seat and almost ran down. I wanted to be saved NOW!

I was just a boy, I didn't think that much on those kind of things. But God sent someone to bring me to church and hear his Word. His Word created faith in my heart and I got saved that day by asking Jesus to forgive all my sins and to come into my heart. But Jesus came after me, I did not go after him. And when I heard God's Word, it drew me to Jesus.